Two weeks ago, I took Liam to the doctor and she heard an abnormality in his heart and wanted to have him checked out. Yesterday, I took him to a pediatric cardiologist. I admit, I was a bit terrified just to be there, but the staff was incredible. Thankfully, Liam is ship shape! All day today, I have been thinking of how blessed I am. Here are my top five things that I am grateful for today.
1. My husband. He's adorable, funny, rarely puts his clothes in the hamper or closes the shower curtain, always bathes the kiddos and jumps in to help, likes my cooking, shares my obsession for chocolate, and helped me create the next two items on my list this week.
2. Piper. She is five going on 20. She is silly, remarkably intelligent, creative, loves to read, LOVES to draw and color, is such a loving sister to Liam, cracks me up on a daily basis, and she gives the absolute best hugs in the world. She's also adorable. Her eyes are like multi-toned pools of chocolate. She made me a Mom and gave me the all-time best job in the world.
3. Liam. He amazes me with his depth and intelligence more every day. He may just be a genius. He wants to be a doctor or a dinosaur when he grows up. He still likes to snuggle, carries Matchbox cars with him wherever he goes, and gazes into my eyes and turns me to mush. He is lovely and smart and fills a part of me that I didn't know I had. I was so intimidated when I found out I was having a boy and now I can't imagine my life without him. He is Piper's best friend, and a good one.
4. My family. I grew up in a loving home where love, support, good food, outdoor playing, family bike rides, monopoly championships, and strong faith were a given. At the time, I thought this was normal, but now I see what a gift it was. My parents set me on a path to be a strong woman, a loving mother, and a driven person. My sisters challenge and inspire me.
5. My faith. I am thankful every day that I have faith in my life. I don't really understand how people live a happy life without believing in God and resting in Him. I feel enormous comfort knowing that He loves me, sees me, and directs my path when I am open to it. When I trust in Him over my own short-sightedness, things immediately fall into place. Faith is one of the best gifts I could ever give my kidlets, and I work hard to be a great example to them.
Honorable Mention: Oh chocolate, you are the freakin' best. You lift my spirits when they are zapped, you give me energy, comfort, and you are super easy to attain. You never fail to disappoint. ;)
*Like this post? Click the RSS Feed button on the right and subscribe to my blog.*