Sheldon for President. :)
Okay, I'm done. So here is a list of my nerd-fest guilty pleasures. I'm not proud of them, but transparency is a good thing. Right? Hello? *crickets*
1. Reruns of Big Bang Theory, Friends, and Frasier. They guarantee laughs, they remind me of simpler times when I had zero responsibilities, and when I've had a hard day I can wind down with my old pals and then go to sleep without wondering what happens next.
2. My Kindle. I initially thought e-readers were ridiculous. Why in the world replace the glorious book with some stupid piece of worthless technology? No Kindle will ever smell as good as a book. However, here is my plug. I read a lot. A lot. I often read a book in a day. Then what? I run to the library, I look around, I find nothing, I mope. Now I just go to Amazon and BAM! New book. It's bliss. When I travel, I have hundreds of my favorite books that I love to reread and they are right there. I can read right next to a sleeping SuperHub and he doesn't wake up. Bliss, I tell you.
3. Cooking shows. They started as necessity, as I had no clue how to cook when I first got married. Poor little 23-year-old Regan! (Or, I should say, poor Neal.) Since I couldn't cook, and living off of boxed faux-food wasn't an option for me, I dedicated my Saturday mornings to Ina, Giada, and their counterparts to teach me to cook. It worked. Now I can make anything, and from scratch. Nothing intimidates me. Thanks ladies! I still love watching my old cyber-friend Pioneer Woman (who has never heard of me... we are still friends right? I read your blog!), and the Barefoot Contessa.
4. Target. Oh how I love thee. Let me count the ways. One, you have adorable clothes that I can afford. Two, Cartwheel. God bless you, Cartwheel. I have saved over $40 in the last 6 weeks because of that! Yes!! Three, I can go shoe-shopping and grab milk in the same place. Yippee! Four, you have carts that allow me to corral Liam and keep him happy without losing him. Five, you also have Starbucks.
5. Always chocolate. I have already had some today. I also snuck a few chocolate chips from my emergency chocolate chip stash in the freezer just before I wrote this. I may have issues. I don't care. I will, forever and always, have chocolate in my life and in my tummy every day.
Bonus: My ultimate guilty pleasure is sitting on my comfy couch, kicking out my reclining seat, throwing a fleece blanket over, hot tea or hot chocolate on my side table, The Good Wife on TV, and my cat under my right hand. Blissed out. Oh baby.
That said, I have a Good Wife on my DVR that is calling my name. Hot chocolate on the table and my cat just crawled up. Have a great week!!
*Like this post? Click the RSS Feed button on the right and subscribe to my blog.*